Micro Medical 3L Spirometer Calibration Syringe
The Micro Medical 3 Litre Spirometer Calibration Syringe is designed to simplify the process of spirometer calibration and ensure that devices are functioning correctly.
Used correctly, the syringe holds exactly 3 litres of air, which can be passed through a spirometer in line with its maintenance schedule and guidelines. Each Micro Medical accuracy checking syringe is supplied with a unique certificate confirming ATS/ERS 2005 performance compliance.
The following are the recommended guidelines when performing a volume verification for flow measuring devices such as Micro Medical Spirometers ATS/ERS 2005(I):
- A volume accuracy check should be performed daily
- A 3 litre calibration syringe should be used
- This calibration syringe should have an accuracy of ±0.5% (15 mL for a 3 litre syringe)
- The syringe should be discharged through the device at least three times to give a range of flows varying between 0.5 and 12 litres/second (with 3 litre injection times of approximately 6s for the lower flow limit and less than 0.5s for the upper flow limit)
- The volume at each flow should meet the accuracy requirement of ±3.5%