OUR STANCE ON PRIVACY
Seal Medical Supplies Ltd are committed to protecting your personal information. We will always treat it with respect and confidentiality.
WHO WE ARE
Seal Medical Supplies Ltd provide medical products to our customers who are mainly based in the UK and the EEU. To enable us to deliver on our services, we collect personal information about our customers and how they interact with us.
We always keep your information safe and secure and take a proactive approach to complying with government regulations about data protection.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, business address and work contact details including email address and phone number.
- Information connected to the service we provide you with, e.g. dates and details of services you have previously purchased
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information if you visit one of our offices e.g. visual images collected via closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Contact Information you may provide us about other people e.g. colleagues to contact in your absence
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file – it’s saved onto your computer or other device when you visit our website.
Cookies store small pieces of information. For example – they will remember you’ve visited our website or performed a certain action.
Any data collected from cookies may be used to track how visitors interact with our website which enables us to identify potential issues as well as make improvements to the online service.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- A questionnaire for a product or service
- Phone conversations with us
- Emails or letters you send to us
- Meetings with our directors or engineers
- Attendance at events e.g. Management in Practice seminars
- Participating in research surveys to help us understand you better and improve our products and services
- Taking part in a competition
- Our online services such as websites, social media and mobile device application (‘Apps’)
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your business address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
HOW WE WILL USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- You have given us your permission or consent to send you information about products and services offered by the Seal group of companies and / or selected third parties we have chosen to work with which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you.
- It is necessary in order to process the product or service you have ordered, or manage your online requests.
- It is necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
- It is in the legitimate interests of Seal Calibration Ltd and Seal Medical Supplies Ltd e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best outcome from your service or purchase
- We need to process your information to better understand you and your needs so we can send you more relevant communications about the products you have with us and to develop new products and services;
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Like other companies we sometimes need the help of certain providers that enable us to manage our services to you. As such we may share your information with external companies or organisations. We will only do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
The providers we work with only use your information for the purposes we specify and may not use your data for any other reason. We never sell your information to any organisations.
These third parties include:
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. research or technology companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with you, for example an internet service provider
- Law enforcement, HMRC, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime.
- Sometimes you purchase our products and services via buying groups and we may share contact information with your network to facilitate administration.
OUR COMMUNICATION WITH YOU
Whether you are new to Seal or have used our services before we would like to keep you informed by periodic mailing about our services and products which we are updating all of the time. We like to keep you informed if you give us your consent to do so. However if you have asked to receive this information in the past and you no longer wish to, you can opt out whenever you want to.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for this reason then please contact us at: – firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal or business information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Our employees and/or subcontractors also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and undertake training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR) to the Data Controller-details as below.
There will be a £10 charge for this information and we will need proof of identification to ensure that data is matched correctly and is safe to be despatched to you.
CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for us to continue to have it. The only instance in which certain information is necessary for us to still have in this case is to complete a legal obligation, such as fulfilment of a purchase order or service.
We will need proof of identity before we process any requests.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By Phone: 0115 9063000
By Email: email@example.com
In the unfortunate event that you feel that Seal Medical Supplies Ltd has not complied with General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office which is the Supervisory Authority in the UK.
They can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk