Microlife WatchBP O3 ABPM Cuffs
This soft upper arm cuff is designed specifcially for use on all WatchBP O3 devices; available in different sizes to provide the perfect fit and therefore ensure the highest accuracy during measurements.
- Cuff bladders are both latex and PVC free
- Washability with a damp cloth and/or soapsuds (after the bladder has been removed)
- Washable cuff material ensures long term, hygienic use
Available Cuff Sizes:
- Small: 17 - 22cm (6.7 - 8.7")
- Medium: 22 - 32cm (8.7 - 12.6")
- Large: 32 - 42cm (12.6 - 16.5")
NICE Guidelines for Measuring Hypertension in Adults states that an appropriate cuff size for the person's arm is used CG 127 [1.1.5].
Why cuff size matters?
If the cuff size is wrong for the patient, it could give a reading that is too high or too low. To avoid this, the air bladder inside the cuff should fit around at least 80% of the arm but not more than 100%.
If the cuff is not big enough, then the cuff may not be able to completely close off the blood vessels. In this case, the bladder will inflate too much and the monitor will give a higher reading than it should. While if the cuff is too large, then the cuff will inflate on itself; this means that it will cut off the blood supply to easily and the monitor will give a lower reading than it should.