Microlife Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff - Small (17
Microlife Blood Pressure Monitor Cuffs
Microlife's soft cuff is available in different sizes to provide the perfect fit and therefore ensure the highest accuracy during blood pressure measurements.
- Clinically tested and validated
- Conical shape cuff provides a better fit for improved accuracy
- Washable cuff material ensures long term, hygienic use
Available Cuff Sizes:
- Small: 17 - 22cm (6.7 - 8.7")
- Medium: 22 - 32cm (8.7 - 12.6")
- Medium to Large: 22 - 42cm (8.7 - 16.5")
- Large: 32 - 42cm (12.6 - 16.5")
- Large to XL: 32 - 52cm (12.6 - 20.5")
NICE Guidelines for Measuring Hypertension in Adults states that an appropriate cuff size for the person's arm is used CG 127 [1.1.5].
Why cuff size matters?
If the cuff size is wrong for the patient, it could give a reading that is too high or too low. To avoid this, the air bladder inside the cuff should fit around at least 80% of the arm but not more than 100%.
If the cuff is not big enough, then the cuff may not be able to completely close off the blood vessels. In this case, the bladder will inflate too much and the monitor will give a higher reading than it should. While if the cuff is too large, then the cuff will inflate on itself; this means that it will cut off the blood supply to easily and the monitor will give a lower reading than it should.