BOVIE DERM 942 ELECTROSURGICAL DEVICE - Alternative to ConMed Hyfrecator
Sale Sold out
Regular price £1,502.40 GBP
Regular priceUnit price per
The Bovie Derm 942 is designed and engineered to be the most reliable and durable desiccator available today. The unit’s life is prolonged by incorporating the latest in chip technology and reducing the number of internal parts, thereby generating less internal heat. Post-procedure and long-term cleanup are simplified by its non-absorbing, non-staining, high impact plastic case.
- Multifunction 40 watt high frequency desiccator
- Adjustable in 1/10th watt increments in the first 10 watts, in monopolar and bipolar
- More accurate power with Universal Power Control 100-240 VAC
- Less to do and less to buy makes this the most cost effective and user friendly unit on the market
- The Bovie DERM 942 is a ground reference unit which means no grounding pad is required.
Features and Benefits
Less to buy and less to do
- The same 3-Button Pencil works with or without the optional footswitch.
- Simply plug in the optional footswitch and you are ready to go! The Bovie footswitch much more cost effective, and you don’t need to replace the handpiece like you do on the competitor’s device.
- The user has complete control including up/down power from the handpiece as well as activation… you have neither with the competition.
- Not only more user-friendly, but this saves you money too!
Digital Error Detection
- The Bovie Derm 942 continuously monitors every aspect of the unit’s output. At the sign of any problem, the machine instantly disables the output and displays the appropriate error code on the display.
The Bovie 3-Button Handpiece - Better By Design, Inside and Out
- The A902 handpiece (Patent #8,998,899) allows you to adjust the power output up and down as well as to activate the unit, even when you are in foot control mode.
- The handpiece has a 2 pin design (patent pending) for increased reliability compared to the old fashioned flying lead type used by the competition.
- The Bovie Derm 942 has a technology advantage right in the handpiece: a superbly engineered collet that’s even gold plated for superior conductivity.
- The collet is attached to our circuit board and the entire handpiece is encapsulated and formed in a high tech polymer that combines comfort for you with a sure grip.
- (1) A942 Electrosurgical Generator
- (1) A902 3-Button Autoclavable Handpiece
- (5) A804 Non-Sterile Sharp Dermal Tips
- (2) A805 Sterile Sharp Dermal Tips
- (5) A806 Non-Sterile Blunt Dermal Tips
- (2) A807 Sterile Blunt Dermal Tips
- (2) A806DE Non-Sterile DERM-Elite Premium Blunt Dermal Tips
- (2) A807DE Sterile DERM-Elite Premium Blunt Dermal Tips
- (2) A910ST Sterile Disposable Handpiece Sheath
- (2) Non-Sterile Disposable Handpiece Sheath
- (1) A837 Wall Mount Kit
- (1) Hospital Grade Power Cord
- Users Manual
- A.) Power Switch - Turn the unit power on utilizing the switch on the left side panel of the unit.
- B.) Power Output Dial - Set the power output either by using the dial on the left side of the unit or by the up and down buttons on the handpiece (F). When power level adjustment is being made by the handpiece an audible tone will sound to indicate that the power level has been changed. Depressing and holding the up or down buttons will cause the power settings to change more rapidly for quick adjustment of the output settings. Power output is displayed in “.1” watt increments from 0.1 to 10 watts.
- C.) Active Light - When the unit is activated, an audible tone is sounded and the blue active light will illuminate.
- D.) Standard Electrode - Slide the standard electrode into the handpiece until it is firmly seated. The handpiece will accept most standard 3/32″ electrodes.
- E.) Activation Button - To activate the unit, remove the handpiece from the holder. Place the handpiece in the desired position and depress the activation button.
- F.) Power Output Buttons - Set the power output by pressing up the up and down buttons on the handpiece.
- G.) Monopolar Output Receptacle - The monopolar output for the handpiece is on the lower right front of the unit. The handpiece plug is designed to fit in only one direction. Plug the connector from the handpiece into the receptacle on the bottom of the unit. The three button handpiece is designed to give the doctor complete fingertip control of the power output settings.
- H.) Grounding Plate Output Receptacle - To use the optional grounding plate with cord (A802EU), Disposable Split Adult Return Electrode (ESRE) or (ESREC), insert the plug of the cord into the grounding plate output receptacle (H) and connect the other end into the grounding plate. The plate should be placed underneath the patient at a point where the entire plate is covered by bare skin. The use of conductive gel is recommended.
- I.) Bipolar Output Receptacle - To use bipolar forceps, you need the following optional accessories, bipolar cord (A827V), footswitch (A803) and a bipolar forceps (please refer to the catalog to choose the right forceps for your particular procedure). Insert the plug into the bipolar outputs receptacle (I), then connect the cord to the forceps.
- J.) Power Cord - Plug the female end of the power cord into the base of the unit.
- K.) Footswitch Output Receptable - The optional footswitch (A803) is plugged into the footswitch output and placed on the floor. The footswitch can be used with monopolar procedures and must be used with bipolar procedures.
|Monopolar||Watts||VPeak Max Voltage||Crest Factor (Typical)||Frequency (KHz)|
|Spray Coagulation||40||1600V||2.2 ± 20%||343kHz ± 10%|
|Blend||Watts||VPeak Max Voltage||Crest Factor (Typical)||Frequency (KHz)|
|Coagulation||50||2900V||5.2 ± 20%||340 kHz ± 20%|
- Line Frequency: 50–60 Hz
- Output Frequency: 328-492 kHz
- Line Voltage: 100-240 VAC
- Fulguration: 40 watts
- Bipolar: 40 watts
- Cooling System: Passive Cooling
- Technology: Isolated RF Output
- Audible/Visible Output Meter: Yes
- Pre-Set Feature: No
- Monopolar HP Ports: 1
- Connector Ports/Power Switch: White
- Weight: 5 lbs (2.26 kg)
- Height: 7.40 in (188 mm)
- Width: 8.98 in (228 mm)
- Depth: 4.13 in (105 mm)