AliveCor KardiaMobile ECG 1 Lead
AliveCor KardiaMobile ECG 1 Lead
The AliveCor KardiaMobile records a lead 1 ECG on a smart phone or tablet in just 30 seconds. It’s quick and easy to use with no gels, wires or cables and it detects atrial fibrillation, one of the major risk factors for stroke. The recorded ECGs can be reviewed, emailed, saved and printed.
Why should Clinicians use KardiaMobile?
- Proven. KardiaMobile’s single lead ECG is comparable to Lead 1 of a standard ECG machine, and the most clinically validated mobile ECG solution available. Clinical research references are available on request.
- Practical and time saving. Looking for fast, accurate ECG screening? KardiaMobile captures rate-and-rhythm, and determines whether a confirmatory 12-lead ECG is necessary in just 30 seconds.
- Proactive. Patients can self-administer an ECG whenever they feel symptoms or on a schedule you recommend - giving you a more complete picture of your patients’ heart activity.
- Patient friendly. Five star approval rating from independent Feefo customer reviews. Patients who self-test and detect normal sinus rhythm report increased peace of mind, which may reduce the need for physician visits.
KardiaMobile is one of the most popular, clinically proven mobile ECG monitors on the market. Suitable for home or professional use the KardiaMobile is used extensively throughout the NHS. Recommended by Cardiologists for AFib detection it offers peace of mind in your pocket. The KardiaMobile ECG and Kardia ECG app records heart rhythms along with symptoms and is a simple, effective way to detect or track arrhythmias on a smart phone or tablet.
To record an ECG, just hold the KardiaMobile in your hands for 30 seconds to measure your heart's electrical activity anytime, anywhere - no probes or wires are necessary.
ECGs are stored in the app which at the end of the recording displays the ECG trace, heart rate and classifies the recording into 1 of the following categories.
- Atrial Fibrillation. The clinically validated algorithm will notify you to the presence of atrial fibrillation. If AF is detected, you will see the message "Possible AF Detected."
- Normal. If no rhythm abnormalities are detected, you will receive the message 'Normal'. This means that the heart rate is between 50 and 100 BPM, there are no or very few abnormal beats, and the shape, timing and duration of each beat is considered normal.
- Bradycardia a slow heart rate below 40-50 beats per minute.
- Tachycardia a fast heart rate above 100-140 beats per minute.
- Unclassified. The Normal Algorithm declares the ECG as Unclassified for ECGs that have a heart rate below 40 or above 140 bpm.
- Unreadable. 'Unreadable' implies that there was too much interference during the recording. This could be electrical or sound interference.
The free Kardia Basic App permits local storage of ECGs in the Kardia App. A user can view a complete history of the ECG's they have recorded on their device. Any stored ECG can also be printed or e-mailed as a PDF directly from the mobile device. ECG storage can be turned off within the App.
The single internal coin cell battery in the Kardia Mobile should last for approximately 1 year of normal use assuming 2-3 recordings a day.
The App is available in the Apple App Store or via Google Play in the UK and Ireland. In a recent medtech innovation briefing (MIB) published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) the KardiaMobile by AliveCor was positively reviewed and recognised.
- Record a lead 1 ECG by resting your fingers on the built in electrodes
- Latest 4th generation model
- Reviewed and recognised by National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Small footprint (L) 8.2cm, (W) 3.2cm (H) 0.35cm
- Weight 18 grams
- Approximately 12 months operating time on one battery
- App features automatic AF, normal ECG, Bradycardia, Tachycardia and interference detectors and voice recording
- Perfect for opportunistic screening of Atrial Fibrillation (AF) by patients or clinicians
- Save and email a PDF or print an ECG from your device
- Recording duration from 30 sec to 5 mins
- Professional, CE approved clinically validated medical device
- Not recommended for use with a cardiac pacemaker, ICDs, or other implanted electronic devices.