A&D - UA-1020 - Upper arm blood pressure monitor with AFib screening
The UA-1020 Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor improves upon all of the innovations A&D Medical has created since we were founded back in 1977 and includes the ability to screen for AFib (Atrial Fibrillation) in a single measurement. Please refer to the clinical paper: Diagnostic accuracy of a new algorithm to detect atrial fibrillation in a home blood pressure monitor for further information.
- Advanced inflation technology for quicker measurement
- SmoothFit cuff™ (patent pending) for improved comfort, covering 17cm to 32cm
- TriCheck ™ mode for automatic 3 reading average
- 90 reading memory with AM/PM and overall average for NICE compliance
- All readings timed and dated
- Irregular Heartbeat indication / Atrial Fibrillation screening feature
- WHO Result guide
- BHS A/A Clinically Validated
This fully featured monitor is equipped with innovations in cuff design, inflation and deflation (3A Technology). To shorten the time required to take readings users can pre-set pressure levels or set them to automatic. The UA-1020 offers the option of TriCheck™ measurement which allows users to take three consecutive readings and receive an average, complying with the American Heart Association’s latest recommendation.
A&D Medical looked at the common problems experienced when taking blood pressure readings and developed the UA-1020’s Advanced Warning System. This system helps avoid problems letting users quickly get the most accurate readings possible.
The monitor benefits from extremely accurate Oscillometric BP measurement, first developed and patented by A&D back in 1984.
It also boasts A&D’s unique technology for Irregular Heartbeat (IHB) and AFib screening, pioneered by A&D in 2001 and now found on most of our range of blood pressure monitors. This A&D ground breaking technology is now used worldwide assisting in the opportunistic detection of arrhythmias – which include AFib (or Atrial Fibrillation).
- TriCheck– Three consecutive measurements and advanced averaging.
- Pressure Rating Indicator– Providing a snapshot of the user’s blood pressure classification according to the US JNC7 and WHO guidelines.
- Irregular Heartbeat Detection– Alerts the user to the presence of an irregular heartbeat while still providing an accurate reading.
- Advanced Warning System– Alerts the user to the most common problems while monitoring, and helps users avoid them.
- 3A Technology– Advanced cuff design, advanced inflation and advanced deflation, which translates to faster, more accurate and more comfortable readings.